In 2022, there was a massive meltdown in the cryptocurrency market, which had a big impact on the pricing of assets that year. Many investors, though, continued to have faith in the prospects for cryptocurrencies. Tezos, which was created in 2014 and launched in 2018, was one of the most reliable coins during that time. Investors had the chance to profit from staking Tezos because of its low initial price of just $1.10. Here, we go into great depth about how to stake Tezos and the potential rewards of doing so.
One common approach to get incentives is through staking Tezos. Investors can buy XTZ coins and stake them in a specific Tezos node to partake in the rewards from other users’ transactions. Typically given out in monthly installments, these awards are typically a proportion of XTZ. To stake Tezos and be eligible for rewards, you must have an XTZ wallet that supports staking, such as a Ledger, Metamask, Coinbase, or Kraken.
How to Stake
- Choose a good Tezos wallet: The most popular and secure Tezos wallets are those classified as non-custodial wallets. Examples of well-known and reputable non-custodial wallets are Ledger, Trezor, Magnum, Galleon, and KUKAI.
- Set up the wallet: Follow the instructions detailed on the wallet website to securely set up your wallet.
- Purchase Tezos tokens: To stake Tezos tokens you will need to purchase some. They can be purchased on most major cryptocurrency exchanges, such as Coinbase Pro, Kraken, and Gemini.
- Transfer the tokens to your wallet: Once you’ve purchased the Tezos tokens, transfer them to the Tezos wallet you set up.
- Select a Tezos staking pool: To begin staking your Tezos tokens you will need to select a Tezos staking pool. You can find the best staking pools with the highest rewards by researching online reviews and comparing pool tools.
- Deposit your tokens into the chosen pool: Now your tokens are in your wallet, you can deposit them into the chosen staking pool. To do this you will need to provide the pool with your wallet address and the number of tokens you wish to deposit.
- Stake your Tezos tokens: Your Tezos tokens are now in the staking pool. You can monitor the progress of your staking process by visiting the pool’s website on a regular basis.
- Withdraw staked tokens: Once the staking process has been completed, you can withdraw your tokens from the staking pool and transfer them back to your wallet.
It is essential to regularly monitor the staking process and check for any potential errors or irregularities. This is because staking Tezos requires constant monitoring and management to ensure that you are receiving the rewards you have earned. Regularly checking your wallet and the associated node will help you identify any issues quickly and take the necessary action to resolve them.
Overall, staking Tezos is a great way to earn rewards with little effort. It is also very safe and reliable as it leverages the security and reliability of the Tezos blockchain. Furthermore, due to its starting price at just $1.10, investors have the chance to start staking Tezos with a small investment and gradually accumulate more over time. Therefore, considering all of these factors, staking Tezos could be a lucrative strategy for those looking to invest in the Tezos cryptocurrency.
Returns on your staking investments in Tezos in 2022 will depend on the current market conditions at the time. Generally, staking can generate passive income ranging around 5–7%, but this can fluctuate depending on the market.
Tezos is designed to use minimal computing resources, so it does not take up much space or RAM in order to run. All you need to do is follow the instructions on how to set up a Tezos node.
Tezos is an excellent long-term investment, since it has stood up to significant market turbulence. As long as you hold your staked Tezos tokens for a long enough period of time, you can still earn rewards, even when the price of the token drops. Furthermore, because of the current low price of $1.10, buying and staking Tezos now could potentially give you substantial returns in the future.