The year 2022 marked a major crash in the crypto market. Investors who had bought heavily into digital currencies like EOS witnessed their portfolios plummeting prices. For many, this was a lesson in taking risk management seriously. But for some, there was another, more profitable strategy with EOS that had been steadily gaining popularity.
Staking EOS is a method of profiting from this volatile cryptocurrency by buying and holding it instead of trading it. This form of investing is usually done with a long-term view in mind, although short-term returns are possible with the correct timing. With EOS having a starting price of $1.09 at the beginning of 2022, staking it can be a great way of generating profits over the long term.
- Step 1: Firstly, you will need to purchase EOS tokens. This can be done through a range of exchanges, and it is important to consider transaction and exchange fees when deciding how to acquire your tokens.
- Step 2: Make sure you have an EOS account that is currently not staking and contains the tokens you wish to stake.
- Step 3: Connect your account to a staking platform that offers EOS tokens for staking. Here, you can view the available rewards for staking and the amount of EOS you must deposit to stake.
- Step 4: Wait for the EOS tokens to start earning rewards from staking. This process usually takes around 24-48 hours to be paid out.
- Step 5: Once you have reached the minimum deposit or have enough in your account, you can start withdrawing the rewards. Before you withdraw, you should check that you are not subject to additional fees for withdrawing amounts below the minimum deposit.
- Step 6: Return to the staking platform and withdraw your earnings. Depending on the platform, this can be done in either fiat currency or cryptocurrency, depending on the platform and the country of residence.
Finally, it is important to remember that staking EOS is a long-term strategy. As with any form of investing, there is no guarantee of future returns and investors should assess their own risk tolerance before committing to a staking strategy.
The key advantages to staking EOS are the potential to earn passive income and diversify your cryptocurrency portfolio in a low-risk way. Staking EOS gives you the incentive to hold your tokens and the reward incentives associated with it will help you build wealth over time. The long-term view of staking also reduces the risk of market volatility, as the rewards will help balance out any losses due to market volatility or price drops. As your EOS tokens become more valuable and their staking rewards increase, you can earn more from staking.
For many investors, this long-term view of staking stocks is an attractive alternative to the more volatile trading of the crypto markets. The low risk and incentivized rewards of staking EOS mean that it is an especially attractive option for those ones with a long-term view of asset growth. The starting price of $1.09 in 2022 may seem low but as the crypto markets become more unpredictable, staking EOS could be the safe and lucrative investment strategy you were searching for.
Staking EOS is still a potentially viable investment option, as it still offers rewards in the form of EOS tokens at a fixed rate of 5% per year. No matter what the market does, you will continue to receive steady rewards for staking EOS.
As with any form of investment, there is some element of risk involved with staking EOS. This can include, but is not limited to, the potential of sudden market fluctuations, changes in the value of EOS, and any other risks associated with the cryptocurrency market in general.
Yes. Although staking your EOS tokens can lock in potential returns, you still have full control over them and can access your tokens at any time. You can either withdraw them or transfer them directly from your staking wallet.